This webinar has concluded. You can watch a video of it by clicking here: http://meet58372436.adobeconnect.com/p2pvntszh0b/.
The webinar will focus on the inclusion in governance of faculty members holding contingent positions. Topics include:
• Part-time versus full-time contingent appointments
• Eligibility requirements for participating in governance
• The participation of contingent faculty in peer evaluations and promotions-and-tenure reviews
• Compensation for governance participation
• Institutional retaliation
The webinar will be presented by Mayra Besosa, Chair of the AAUP’s Committee on Contingency and the Profession.
In order to allow time for questions, participation will be limited to the first twenty-five respondents.
This webinar is offered as part of Campus Equity Week, a national week of actions to raise awareness of the vast majority of faculty who serve in insecure part- and full-time non-tenure-track jobs. For more information and to find out how you can organize a Campus Equity Week activity on your campus, visit http://www.aaup.org/issues/contingency/campus-equity-week or http://www.campusequityweek.org/2013/.